Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The never-ending blog post


When the sun comes up the fruit comes out. Tessa told us when the weather gets warmer people come with their little stands and sell fresh fruits. We tried some things we’d never had before and some we had… like watermelon! YAY! Lory’s mom also treated us to some sugarcane! Yum!
Too bad it's rainy again.
We’re finally grown ups now. We can cross the street by ourselves and everything! Here are some more shots of the stores and campus and all that jazz.


We also went to town by ourselves and lived!


 Because we were not with locals, a lot of people felt more comfortable swarming us for pictures and to touch our hair. We seriously had a 30 minute photoshoot in the very first store we went into.


We ate at KFC. Glorious fried chicken and greasy fries made me realize the meaning of the term ‘soul food’ for my soul was truly fed.


Happy meal toy
VERY happy 
Then we did some strolling through town. We stopped at bookstores, bakeries and a WEDDING DRESS shop! We weren’t sure if we were even supposed to be there but no one spoke English so we figured we could plead miss understandings.


We stumbled upon this little Buddha temple in the middle of a courtyard surrounded by antique shops.


As we walked by street performers they crowded US and asked us to sing a song. Performing is in my blood how could I pass it up? We sang 2 adele songs. Not to brag… but I’m huge in China.

You could say we are show-stoppers… Or at least we stop traffic. Here is some proof.This was not the first car to FULLY stop to stare.

Sunday rolled around and we were ready to party! Noelle (being Irish) even bough us a cake! I opened my holiday package from my mom! Perfection in a bag! A wig, Refills on my Mexican Candy (CRACK!) and some other festivenesses. She wins the BEST MOM award. I ate lunch in my wig. I got some looks,but probably just because I am so pretty...not because of the green hair.
Everyone helped set up for our party (Except Kirsten because she is Scottish) and then we played games and watched K-pop music videos.
They changed my schedule this week and now I am supposed to teach a class on North American culture because these 13 kids are moving to Canada for 5 years to study. I figured I would ask them what they were concerned about because I know I would’ve liked that before I moved here. So I asked the class what they were worried about. I may as well have asked a wall. One girl asked if she would get in trouble with the law. All I could say is ‘no’…and we ran out of things to talk about quickly. I then took the rest of the class to show them music videos. If you have any ideas of what you would teach feel free to comment… these next classes will be interesting.



I hung out with Lory. We ate Mangos and Jujubes and Yogurt and hula-hooped. Lory played some piano for me and then taught me Chinese chess. His sister is too cute and he’s a genius! It was fun. I don’t teach Grade 3 anymore so I am trying to make time to still teach him as much as I can.



Other things I do include 'English Corner'(hanging out with those kids who are moving to Canada)
Draw

Show people pictures of myself.




I teach

And choke down cafeteria food with help from hot sauce<3

 

Try to exercise.

Sit through assemblies early in the morning and in Chinese
look at his head!
Awkward photographer did this to everyone who spoke
And FINALLY get good pics of children's slit pants going in the street


Alright I'll try to update more often so that the posts arent forever long now

1 comment:

  1. i want my present to be that dress/shirt tunic thing with the mans face on it!and i'm pretty mad about the little kids peeing everywhere.

    ReplyDelete