These are the stations you walk through but only if you’re smarter than the
swiper machine. My first time I was the last of the group stuck on the other
side. I felt like a lame-O but every time afterwards a little gaggle got stuck
so I didn't feel so dumb.
This is an Octopus card it is the equivalent of a
Metro-Card in NY but it also works on the ferry and the buses just any
transportation, seems incredibly efficient.
I love subways anywhere and China
is no exception. I feel great knowing I can shamelessly people watch AND be
going to the place I need to go! I feel stalker-y and productive (nothing beats
that).
| Cool guy with braid |
| Cool kid reading Chinese |
| Cool baby holding handle |
| I am also cool |
The Temple was super cute and pretty small. It was interesting to be a part of.
It seemed somehow more relaxed than our baptisms but that’s probably because
they were overwhelmed by our numbers. I love how the spirit is the same
everywhere though. Other spiritual things included church with headset
translators and bumping into some Elders on the street. Hong Kong has different
rules about missionary work than mainland China and we actually saw a few other
pairs of missionaries.
Food in Hong Kong was… interesting. I have been adventurous and tried
everything (particularly weird looking things) so It’s been fun. WHAT have I
tried… well that’s a different story. To add to our adventure of trying crazy
things often I also don’t know WHAT it is because things get lost in
translation. We went to a Korean buffet that had a lot of mystery meats laid
out and we had to cook it ourselves… If that’s not a recipe for food poisoning
I don’t know what is, but this is CHINA people! ADVENTURE is implied.
We did it and we were all fine. Some things we tired ROCKED and others… didn't All in
all It’s been so fun. The best part was when we saw they had ICE CREAM at the
buffet! I had two (or twelve) bowls! I actually cried tears of joy. Dairy is
rare here. I miss you cheese… you were so good to me. And MILK!! Glorious real
creamy milk… I don’t even think of myself as a milk fan but all it takes is an
interesting chocolate “milk”shake with soy/water substitute to miss it.
Our HK favorite was MR JUICY (very VERY yummy fresh juice).
Mostly though the food was watery and fishy
and the drinks tasted like dirt.… I was
scared but when I got to mainland everything changed. MMMmmmmm!! It’s been
heaven!... but we’ll get to that. For now here are some weird things I have consumed.
| This Mall was huge. Over 13 floors! |
Oh yes Liberdad...that coca cola was indeed very strange and exotic. Muah hahaha! I love you so much and am so proud of you.
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you! You look great, as always!
ReplyDelete