We used precaution anytime we needed to use the kitchen, yelling things like "HEY RAT!!!" to scare it off and making much noise before entering the room to not have to fight it fist to fist like men.
Well about a week ago we caught the 'rat'. I put 'these' around 'rat' because I am more convinced it was a possum or small dog. The sheer size of it was flabbergasting. We had had the cage set up, but after about 2 weeks of nothing happening we bought those sticky-pad type traps. The results were as satisfying as watching and oxy-clean commercial. The same night we set them out we caught it.
IT WAS HUGE
(The sticky-yellow-pad in the photo is the size of a sheet of printer paper).

It's tail and hind legs were stuck pretty well, but it still maintained some mobility using its upper body. Screams were heard as we tried to decide what to do next. We called Tim and said "We have the rat can you come catch it and or kill it?" and he said "maybe" (which is what he always says and it means no). After much deliberation we tossed a second sticky-pad atop of it and then hit it with a racket, but just enough to stun it, we didn't want blood in the kitchen. Then we used two rackets as salad-prongs and moved it into the trash bucket. We carried it to Tim's office. He tried to peel it off of the Pad and after deciding it was smashed and stuck said "throw it away, maybe next time we eat it". Some say he was joking but I have my doubts.We ditched it in the dumpster and that was the end of the Demon-Rat! Now I don't feel like a prisoner in my own home, scared to step out of my door.
We had a special little activity day where we played games with the students from a couple classes out in the plaza. It was fun because we got to be silly and teach, but the other teachers were there for discipline/translation so I didn't die inside being mistreated or feeling like a terrible teacher. This made me smile.

I know you're probably worried that I am losing my Stalker-Touch, but fear not! The creep of my soul is alive and well. I took these Stalker-Cam pictures of one of my favorite students (he's SO tiny for a 5th grader) and these photos of the teacher that is always nice to me and so I love him.
I also visited Noelle's class and we drew some pictures on the board.
Someone had drawn a warrior so I drew him a Warrior girlfriend.
Then someone drew me.
Then I drew my true self (bearded beauty) next to the warrior boyfriend.... Idk who made him a one eyed vampire.... but I now know what I am looking for in a spouse.
| I would play a vampire pirate love songs all day |
One day for dinner there were star-shaped (chicken?) nuggets. . .It was a miracle. I wrapped some in tissues and put them in my pocket to heat up later. All the cafeteria workers were watching me and commenting to each other on the fact that the white girl with short hair stuffed food in her pockets... but Haters gonna hate and I am sick of starving!
Shine bright Shine far... like my nugget... BE A STAR!
Other food news includes a yellow melon thing we tried (not sure what it is... but it was alright)
and WAXBERRIES!!!!!! (which I LOVED)
And now to JIM with the Weather:
IT IS SOOOOOOO sticky and muggy and HOT.
Well at least it isn't rainy.
WRONG! it's still rainy but it's Hot and muggy instead of cold, but oh well. I'm not complaining really, I'm brining this up to say that storms roll in and come FAST. The other day we were across the street at the fruit stands when suddenly we were in a rainy tornado! We helped them cover up their fruits with tarps and put their umbrellas up.We really love this one fruit-lady... we don't know her name we call her the fruit lady.... and she and her husband were very cute trying to peel our pineapples and not get blown away so we all grabbed the big umbrella and did what we could. We got soaked, but it was very fun/funny.
OTHERS:
Pick up sticks at Lorry's apartment
Another Favorite student
Sneakin' on the Roof
Forgot Zoom was on smile
No comments:
Post a Comment