Here are some "sobrinas" from Karoeke/Children's Day:




We had to do our Dance again for a different assembly...
It wasn't so bad. I am, however, sick of sitting through assemblies in Chinese.
I don't know what is going on so when you're reading touching poems and waiting for me to cry
I'm wishing I was in my hermit tower watching Spongebob.
To keep myself entertained I take a lot of pictures sitting in the crowd:
It wasn't so bad. I am, however, sick of sitting through assemblies in Chinese.
I don't know what is going on so when you're reading touching poems and waiting for me to cry
I'm wishing I was in my hermit tower watching Spongebob.
To keep myself entertained I take a lot of pictures sitting in the crowd:
I did get to go onstage to play a game I didn't understand
After a full round I found I was supposed to be blowing up as many balloons as I can and trying to get them to POP.
Here is my onstage being confused/slowly figuring it out:
After a full round I found I was supposed to be blowing up as many balloons as I can and trying to get them to POP.
Here is my onstage being confused/slowly figuring it out:
In class I have been teaching important things:
but mostly I've just been drawing on the chalkboard and or watching TV
here is how the 3rd graders responded to my drawings:
Life's been on an up these last few weeks and I am going to miss this strange home I've made here
When we went into town during the weekend there was a huge street market set up for the dragon-boat-racing festival:
Garth lost his debit card so while we were trying to figure out stuff at the bank I went and bought my new favorite thing ever; a candied-crab-apple flavored ice-pop.
It is good enough to warrant it's own little picture section and description. I really dig them.
The bank took forever and in the end we couldn't even do what we were trying to do. We found an interesting picture on the wall to depict how we felt:
After the Bank we stopped at a little restaurant and ate DUMPLINGS!!! YAY! (steamed and fried <3)
Then we made a routine stop at the grocery store for "milk" and other small things. We were playing around in the carts...

.. when SUDDENLY! WE SAW BLONDE HAIR THAT WAS NOT NOELLE'S! IT WAS A WHITE PERSON! IN FUZHOU! 5 months here and we finally learned we weren't alone!
Her and her friend were from England teaching at the university near the city.
No blog post could do justice to how excited we were so i'm not even going to try, but just know it was AWESOME!
really... so cool
When we arrived home there was a 5th grade photoshoot going on in front of the front gate's sign.
We were roped into being in them so here are some pictures of us with the kids I teach:
I think the Giant Lily Pads that grow all over are cool
Here is a picture we found of ourselves on a sign in the sch
This is an awkward Peter Griffin-like cartoon on this package of "fat guy underwear"
This sign malfunction made it look like creeper eyes were peeking through Carlos Costello's Advertisement
No comments:
Post a Comment