I mean can we really even blame me for the freak out? I had a 17 hour flight, carrying around a carry on that weighs 12963346lbs and then at baggage claim I picked up an extra 349343lbs I call my suitcase. After Money exchange (the money in hongkong is different than in China so I will have to exchange some more later too) we got on a double-decker bus and flew through HongKong like a CRAZY DRUNKEN DRIVER! We got our suitcases of the bus and lugged them a block to the Temple Housing! The housing is usually closed weekends but they made an exception for our group which was really kind. So there we were and I thought "alright. I'll connect to family <3 shower eat and be feeling way better"... how wrong I was. I couldn't get my phone to work and the internet was really weak. Then I got a cheery surprise that the plug adapter I bought was wrong and I had noway of charging my laptop! Another gal let me use hers but its a 2 prong plug adapter and my chord needs 3. I Jerry-rigged it so the third prong hangs off the bottom but it WORKS! I'll have a chance to buy adapters on Monday but it all just stressed me out! Because my butler didn't have a list of fruits/vegetables and straightener...I forgot my curling iron and straightener. I'll have to be AFRO Alice til we are at a place where I can buy one. Then as I am making a mental list of everything I forgot... haven't slept or eaten... and STILL couldn't get a hold of Mom... they sent us off grocery shopping for ourselves. I just moped(not mopped) behind a sweet girl from our group. I managed to buy bananas and dinner rolls... so breakfast was interesting this morning. After the market we did our first baptisms at the temple (which is RIGHT across the street)... I was at least distracted in the temple so I found comfort in that. I really want one of the Asian brothers to baptism me so it can be cool and in Chinese .. but its just the guys from our group doing it for us. Then we came back and ... honestly I don't remember what happened but I woke up to the Skype ringing. I didn't know how to answer or tell Harminee that everyone in the room was asleep, but after I got in the hall and figured stuff out I felt SO MUCH BETTER! I just love my family and I needed my fix. This morning I did more baptisms and we are going back in 5ish minutes and then AGAIN at 11. After that we are headed to Victoria Peak to look out at the HongKong Skyline.
I still can't wait to Skype my Momma, but I am not as WRECKED as I was yesterday. I shall count yesterday as the intro and Today as Chapter 1. It will be easier to see things clearly without the tears of hunger/sleep deprivation/ Homesickness... And as Annie once said " I think I'm gonna like it here!"
XoXo
Libertee
Here are some pictures with my bananas and buns. I look exactly how I felt. Enjoy.
Oh pumpkin head...bananas and dinner rolls sounds awesome.
ReplyDelete