Tuesday, February 19, 2013

How did I get here?



Day 2 in China (my chapter one day) was SO GOOD!  I really should have written the night after everyday because I experience 5 million things a day and its been 5  so I couldn't possibly write EVERY thing I saw/felt/smelt…smelled? …
but just for you…. I’m gonna try. I’ll start at the very beginning… A very good place to start.
Korean Air: Excellence in Flight!
My flight was so enjoyable! I haven’t flown since I was pretty little so I felt like an Amish child on their year off! I was BAFFLED by the technology! We had little screens on the seats in front of us…but the cool part is that WE had the POWER! We had little remotes. There were tons of movie choices some, TV episodes, Songs (lots… like not radio stations but full on albums), You could check where you were in the flight route along with a countdown to when we were arriving, play games (the remote flipped to be a gamer remote) and Skymall… etc…

It was amazing. The stewardesses were adorable in their looks, outfits and personalities. When they read off the meal choices I would just say the one I recognized. Although I want to be adventurous, airplane flood is already pretty adventurous so I played it safe. On the first flight I had chicken for dinner and an omelet for breakfast. It wasn't bad! So I was happy, entertained and fed. I also slept well because the seat next to me was empty so I had two seats to curl up like a cat on. I was feeling fine. I had even slept so I didn't think the flight had affected me. Plus! BONUS! I was in KOREA!
Flight #2 was alright. I was feeling a little anxious and numb at the same time. The food was… an excellent intro to the food here (which we will get to later). I got a beef meal because I’m pretty positive the other option was scaly dragon claws. It was questionable if it was even beef, but the rice was good and I got water in a puddingcup!
 Luckily I had a window seat and got to see the gorgeous HongKong view as it peaked out from the smog. It was breath taking and so exciting.



Then blah blah blah… airport stuff,money exchange, walking, bus (which was a double-decker and I road on top in front down bridges and other HongKong-ian like places) and then we got to the temple housing which was RIGHT across the street from the temple! That covers details of flight ans then catches me up to the post below. I guess I'll do the other days in separate posts because it's more organized AND since my suitcase isn't... I need some structure in my life somewhere.

1 comment: