I really did wait too long to remember everything and in order but here’s it all at once!
The Peak Tram was a tram that had like a 90% slope to take
us to the tip top of a mountain to overlook Hong Kong on Victoria peak. Whoa! That’s it. Just
WHOA!

There were also little hearts you could write the name of who you love and leave it at the top of Hong Kong. I wrote the two people I think love each other best. Happy late Valentines Day!
We took Cool Crazy Cable Cars to BIG Brass Buddha. Just kidding I don’t know if he was brass I just like alliterations. It was incredible!
Tremendously tall towers tore through the clouds, cradling cable cars cruising along the lines, over waters and on top of mountains. The Buddha was conveniently located at the tip top of a towering hill and easily accessible after a million stone steps.
Out of breath we reached the top only to have out breath taken away once more! Everything was intricate and utterly beautiful, the scenery and deities alike. People were also there worshiping, their concentration unaffected by the cameras about them. They prayed and strenuously meditated amidst a sea of sadal+sock wearing tourists.
Strolling down below was fascinating as well. They were filled with lofty arches and elaborately detailed temple/monasteries complete with mantra wailing monks.
The grounds were surrounded with multi-colored flowers and lush greenery. It smelled like incents everywhere! They had GIANT incent sticks taller than a yard-stick and as wide around as a medium cup an IN-N-OUT. We saw dancing dragons for the New Year and we may have celebrated with some Gangnam style.
We also saw this BEAUTIFUL Indian woman who I am convinced was the real life Princess Jasmine but she said she was only an film actress (still super impressive).
On the ride back we chatted it up with some Chilean Guapos (who thought they were extremely superior to my Mexican Spanish, but they were sweet enough). We then spent the rest of the ride back reminiscing about any Latino similarities and memories. It was kind of bizarre to be speaking Spanish, missing Mexico AND Utah while in China. I guess I’m making little homes all over the world.
A thousand steps per Buddha at the thousand Buddha monastery is underestimating how many steps were at the thousand Buddha monastery.
I didn’t take a picture of every Buddha but every one was remarkable. Hiking up the stairs (sweating and panting) was somewhat more pleasant when I had idols with arms coming out of their eyes to applaud me on!
When I got to the top there were some more temple-like things and what I think were Rumah abu’s. I also saw my first WILD MONKEY!
We also went to a museum. It was very Museum-y and cold. Here are some photos.
The Markets everywhere here are similar and WONDERFUL! I almost had to cut my hands off to keep from buying EVERYTHING. Stores full of K-pop merchandise and clothing stores brimming with bows and ruffles and lace were my weakness. The reason I needed to exercise such restraint is because everything is going to be 75% cheaper in our cities so the thrifty in me overpowered the Asian in me, but it was a HARD war!
The harbor was glorious. It was so calming. No words could justly describe it, but it was my probably my favorite place in HongKong. It just looks like a place to look at the skyline but in real life in is so much more.We also rode in a ferry and looked at the skyline... so that's why I am saluting in one of these pictures.
I essentially feel like Hong Kong is like being in Big Trouble in Little China. Accurate or wrong?
ReplyDelete